Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Timeline

I started charting Creighton in Nov. 2009.   I charted for the full six months as my Creighton teacher recommended before trying to achieve a pregnancy.  I achieved my first pregnancy in July 2009 only to end in miscarriage at 14 weeks.  I had to have a D&C.  My teacher recommended that we wait a couple of months before TTC again and to even think about getting a Napro consult with Dr. Hilgers.  I ended up working with a regional Napro Dr. long distance.  This Dr. was wonderful in helping me figure out some of my issues.  It was determined that I have low estrogen and low progesterone, so he started me on HCG injections.  I took the HCG injections on P+ 3,5,7,9 for two months and achieved the pregnancy on the first cycle we were allowed to TTC.  I also have been on PIO injections from the very beginning of this pregnancy.  The institute is monitoring my pregnancy currently. I have so much faith in Creighton and I realize these are probably not all of my issues.  I am amazed at the work of Dr. Hilgers, the institute and his staff!  They really are amazing!  This includes the wonderful Napro Dr. that I worked with locally.  I am so thankful for the person that introduced me to Creighton!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to this! I was wrong in my last comment about your miscarriage being in March. I see now about your experience last summer...I'm so sorry to hear about that. BUT, I am so proud of you for choosing the NaPro path! It really pays off doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through TCIE. I would love for you to share your FertilityCare story and add it to my blog hop! http://www.blessed-and-broken.blogspot.com/2012/02/fertilitycare-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete